Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Hump day email

I said I was having a crumby day so getting this email was perfect. I get a lot of emails about the blog but this one I definitely wanted to share, so with permission I am. I am so grateful to hear from people that were affected positively cause I was a bodybuilder. The days that I question what I did it all for make a little sense. I am well aware of the ways I was unappreciated for my efforts and sacrifices. Its always nice to be appreciated, huh?


I just wanted to take a minute and e-mail you to let you know how big an inspiration you have been in my life. It's great that you're 'back' so to speak. I understand the past few years have been tougher than I or anyone could imagine, but someone with your will, determination and competitive spirit can definitely come out stronger - both literally and figuratively - than before.
>>
>> I'm currently 27 years old, live in Tuscaloosa, Ala. and have two undergrad degrees from UA in Public Relations and Journalism and am currently working on a Masters in PR.
>>
>> I've been training for nearly five years now and have been, for lack of a better term, a full-fledged bodybuilder for the last three months. My dream has always been to be a competitive bodybuilder and I decided this past December to go at it with a full head of steam because it's something that I've always wanted to accomplish; standing on stage, holding a trophy for either winning or placing at a competition.
>>
>> For me, my inspiration comes more from female bodybuilders than it does male bodybuilders.
>>
>> For one, it's much, much tougher - in every sense of the word - for a female to make the decision to become a bodybuilder, and then put in the time and effort to make that a reality. As I've come to understand and appreciate female bodybuilding, your physique and your drive has always been something that I've continually looked towards for inspiration, especially now that I've committed myself to being a bodybuilder.
>>
>> Once again, it's good to hear your voice. Hope all continues to get better and thank you again for being such great to inspiration to aspiring bodybuilders like myself.
>>
>> -RDL

No comments:

Post a Comment